Hi Today I have a card that can be a little difficult to figure out but once you put this card together you will love the elegance of this design. Here is a picture of the card I made with some of the most utilized dies and stamps in my collection. I purchase the "Thoughtful Journey Suite Collection" pg 47 of the new 2024 - 2025 Catalog. I think nearly every card I have done since then has had me pull out these Dies or Stamps. The DSP's are so beautiful in this bundle.
So lets get started. For this card I started by picking out a print from the Thoughtful Journey 6" x 6" Designer Series paper and then picked out 2 colors of cardstock, I wanted to do double matting for this card. I choose Wild Wheat and Petunia Pop. If you don't know this, every DSP comes with a label on it telling you what colors coordinate with the prints in the set, you can also find this information on the website under show more. Sorry its not so clear but you can use the link to see this information.
Thoughtful Journey DSP
So once you pick the print you want to use ityou can determine which of the listed colors to use.
Once you have your paper picked out you need to cut the base color for the card.
8 1/2" x 5 1/2" I chose the Wild Wheat as my base card.
Score on the long side at 1", 2 1/4", 3 1/8" and 4 1/4"
Fold and burnish your score lines, then measuring up from the bottom of the card, draw a straight line from the left edge to the 1" score line. Then starting from the bottom again measure 4 1/2" and draw a straight line between score line 2 (2 1/4") and 3 (3 1/8"). Now draw an angle line from score line 1 to 2 (2 1/4") and the from score line 3 (3 1/8") to 4. See example below.
At this point cut at hand drawn line. (orange line on drawing)
If you want to print this template you will find it on my Facebook Group Stampinkrzy under Files
Now fold your card base in half at the 4 1/4" score. Then forward at the next score line, doing a Zfold of the other score lines.
Next step is to cut 2 more pieces of Wild Wheat Cardstock, 1 at 2 ¼ “ x 3 ½ “ and 1 at 3 ¾ “ x 4 ½ “. These get attached to first and second fold creating your three layers of the card.
Once they are mounted you need to cut the Petunia Pop cardstock and attach to create your layers. Front 2 1/8” x 3 3/8”, Middle 3 5/8” x 4 3/8”, Back Section 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”.
Keep referring back to original card Photos to see that your doing it right.
Now cut your DSP to these measurements and layer on the card.
DSP: Front 2” x 3 ¼”, Middle 3 ½” x 4 ¼”, Back section 4' x 5 ¼”
Once you attach these pieces then its time to decorate your layers.
Full list of product used for this Card"
No comments:
Post a Comment